The DHT22 is a accurate digital temperature and humidity sensor. It uses a capacitive humidity sensor and a thermistor to measure the surrounding air, and outputs a digital signal on the data pin (no analog input pins needed). Its fairly simple to use sensor which can deliver new data once every 2 seconds.
Simply connect the first pin on the left to 3-5V power, the second pin to your data input pin and the right most pin to ground.
- Low cost
- 3 to 5V power and I/O
- 2.5mA max current use during conversion (while requesting data)
- Good for 0-100% humidity readings with 2-5% accuracy
- Good for -40 to 80°C temperature readings ±0.5°C accuracy
- No more than 0.5 Hz sampling rate (once every 2 seconds)
- Body size 27mm x 59mm x 13.5mm (1.05" x 2.32" x 0.53")
- 4 pins, 0.1" spacing
- Weight: 2.4g