40-Pin PIC Micro Prototyping Board
The Proto-40 is a general-purpose prototyping platform to evaluate Microchip PIC based microcontroller products. Supported devices include most of the Microchip 40-pin devices including the PIC 16F877(A), 18F442, 18F452 and others. Included onboard is a full peripheral set including a header for in-circuit programming of flash devices, true RS-232C serial input/output with mounting for an onboard DB-09 connector, regulated power supply circuitry, reset circuitry and over 700 plated-through holes on the prototype surface.
The Proto-40 is a high quality prototype board, complete with solder masks on both sides of the board, plated holes along with a high-contrast silk-screen labeling component positions. Board size is a compact 3 5/8" x 5" (9.2cm x 12.7cm) ready to fit into standard size project cases such as the Radio Shack ABS plastic project case (270-1806 or 270-1807).
Designed for the experimenter, the Proto-40 Prototyping board provides a large area for user-designed prototypes, using wire-wrap or point-to-point wiring. All connections are routed to individual wire-wrap points.
For more information and technical details on the Proto-40, please visit our Support Site.
This item includes the bare board. No components are included. Please see our other kits for units with full component options.
(1) Proto-40 PC Board with detailed instructions
Resistors 1/4 watt, 5% Carbon Film:
(2) 1K-ohm (1) 100-ohm (1) 330-ohm
(1) 100uF 35v (1) 10uF 25v (1) .1uF
(4) 1uF 35v (2) 15pF
(1) 1N4002 (1) Red LED Power Indicator
(1) LM7805 – 5 volt regulator TO-220 Case
(1) 4Mhz or 20Mhz Crystal HC49 Case
Sockets, Headers, Connectors and Switches:
(1) 16-pin DIP Socket (1) 40-pin DIP Socket
(1) 2.1mm or 2.5mm Coaxial Jack PCB
(1) 1x2-pin male header (2) 2-pin Jumper – Push On
(1) 5-pin ICP Programming Header
(1) 1x3-pin male header (1) PCB mount pushbutton switch
(1) DB9 Female PCB right angle connector