Thursday January 17 to Friday February 8.
Our online store will again be taking orders
effective Saturday February 9.
UV 24-LED Illuminator
Our LED DISC UV is built using 24 high-output 395nm 120° LEDs mounted on a 42.1mm (1.66") diameter board with an aluminum backing for heat dissipation. Power requirements for the board are 12v to 14v DC with a maximum current draw of approximately 200mA.
UV displays have many purposes including bank note counting and counterfeit detection (bills, credit cards, documents, etc), locating UV sensitive creatures such as scorpions, sterilization, pesticide, black lights, stamp collecting, resin curing and used in the process of printed circuit board photo etching.
UV LEDs have the same long life expectancy as standard LEDs and should last well over 10,000 hours (27 years) of constant use with only minimal reduction of output level.
It is advisable to limit your exposure to UV lighting, and eye protection should be used. These safety precautions should be used around UV LEDs.
- UV LEDs emit intense UV light during operation.
- Do not look directly into a UV LED while it is in operation, as it can be harmful to the eyes, even for brief periods.
- If it is necessary to view a UV LED, use suitable UV filtered glasses or goggles to avoid damage to the eyes.
- Avoid any direct eye exposure to the emission of a UV LED.
- Keep UV LEDs and products containing them out of the reach of children.
- In case several UV LEDs are used together and/or at high output operation, avoid prolonged exposure to skin or other tissue, especially if several UV LEDs are used together or one or more UV LEDs are used at high output operation.
- Take appropriate precautions, including those above, with pets or living organisms that might suffer injury or damage from exposure to UV emission.
For more details, see the Specification Sheet (in PDF format).
Ultraviolet 24-LED UV Illuminator
- Product Code: LED-DISC-UV (395nm)
- Availability: In Stock
- $9.95 USD