Flexible Ribbon LED Light Strip
1 Meter (39.4 inch)
- LED Quantity/Type: 60 x High Brightness SMD3528 LEDs
- Backing: 3M Adhesive Tape
- Ribbon Width: 8mm (0.315inch)
- Length: 1m (39.4 incht)
- Input Voltage: 12V DC
- Power (max): 5W (0.4A - 400mA)
- Beam Angle: 120º
- Available Light Colors: Cool White (5000-6500K), Warm White (3100-3400K), Red (628nm), Green (525nm), Blue (470nm)
- PCB Color: White
- Minimum bending radius: 5cm (2")
- Continuous length should not exceed 16.4ft (5m); additional lengths should be wired in parallel
Need a custom length of ribbon? Each ribbon can be trimmed to custom lengths in 5cm (1.97") increments. Simply cut the ribbon on the scissor markings and re-solder power wires to the end copper connections (you only need to apply power to one end of the ribbon).
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I Run This On a 9v Battery: The LED strip will run on DC voltages from 9v to 14v. It will run with a 9v battery but the intensity will not be as bright. It is suggested that you run shorter lengths of the LED ribbon to conserve battery life. Operation on a 12v battery such as a car battery are totally fine.
- Can I Use This With a Wall Adapter for Power: Yes, a DC wall adapter will run the LED display just fine (see our power adapter here). Keep in mind that the current draw for 5m is approximately 2A (2000mA), so ensure your adapter can supply 12v at 2A. Because the ribbon is can be trimmed in shorter lengths, you can customize the length and power requirements. The ribbon can be trimmed every 5cm (1.97”) which gives you three LEDs – the current draw for three LEDs is only 20mA, so if you wanted a shorter length, you can trim the ribbon down in size. If you were to customize a length to say 20cm, this would have 12 LEDs and would draw only 80mA of current at 12v.
- Can I Use The LED Ribbon Outdoors: You can use this outdoor, but keep in mind that the ribbon has not been water-proofed, so you will have to provide protection for it, such as inside a tube, if it will be in contact with dampness.
- Will This Work In My Car/Truck/Motorhome or Trailer: Yes, the LED ribbon is fantastic for use in mobile applications. Because they run on 12v and draw very little current, they are absolutely great substitutes for standard lighting applications. Remember the LED Ribbon also have an adhesive backing on them to aid in mounting, such as under-counter, stairways, walkways, etc.