NeoPixel Ring Set (61 LEDs)
Based on WS2812B LEDs
WS2812B based NeoPixel ring modules contain 61 5050 RGB LEDs on tiny circular PCBs. There are a total of 5 PCB rings layed out as follows:
- 1 Ring with 24 WS2812B LEDs (86mm diameter)
- 1 Ring with 16 WS2812B LEDs (68mm diameter)
- 1 Ring with 12 WS2812B LEDs (50mm diameter)
- 1 Ring with 8 WS2812B LEDs (32mm diameter)
- 1 Rign with 1 WS2812B LED (14mm diameter)
There are four connections to each ring.
- VCC: Power input (4v to 7v DC)
- GND: Common Ground connection for signal and power
- IN: Input signal from your control processor
- OUT: Output to chain to next module
Each ring can operate on their own or connect in a string.
Use only one microcontroller pin to control as many as you can chain together! Each LED is addressable as the driver chip is inside the LED.
The LED rings are chain-able by connecting the output of one ring into the input of another. There is a single data line. The drive protocol is very sensitive to timing. It requires a real-time microcontroller such as an AVR, Arduino or PIC.