Mini ATtiny85 with USB Type-A Interface
The Digispark compatible development board is an ATtiny85 based microcontroller. Similar in design to the Arduino line, only cheaper and much smaller. There is a whole host of available shields to extend the functionality.
Those familiar with the Arduino will appreciate the compatibility with the Arduino IDE. This is a great way to jump into electronics, or perfect for when an Arduino boards is too big or too much.
The board features an industry standard USB Type-A plug which fits into standard USB Type-A receptacles.
Ships assembled except for two easy to solder pin headers.
- Support for the Arduino IDE 1.0+ (OSX/Win/Linux)
- Power via USB or External Source - 5v or 7-15v (12v or less recommended, automatic selection)
- On-board 500ma 5V Regulator
- Built-in USB
- 6 I/O Pins (2 are used for USB only if your program actively communicates over USB, otherwise you can use all 6 even if you are programming via USB)
- 8k Flash Memory (about 6k after bootloader)
- I2C and SPI (vis USI)
- PWM on 3 pins (more possible with Software PWM)
- ADC on 4 pins
- Power LED and Test/Status LED